Τρίτη, Απριλίου 14

2:16 μ.μ.



          When two souls fall in love,
              it's reminiscent of spring and flowers, hand and glove.

               Poets liken love as a kiss of the angels to the stars,

               or one heavenly prison where you feel like you are behind bars.

           When Clarice, my beloved left me,
               all she had to say was...  
                                       [ ''byyye..., "forget me"

               Some say that women do not have a heart..

               I have said myself,  they have not 
                                 [a heart of a soul, (it wasn't smart)

       I was inconsolable for too long.
         I boarded a ship trying to forget, but I was to be wrong,
         Clarice would not leave my mind until Chung Dong,
         the Chinese mysterious cook,
         told me.... 
                         ''man, just take a look
                          at this old history book
                          and be sure that the facts are not contrive..
                          It was only at the Council of Trent in 1545
                          that the Roman Church officially agreed
                          that women had souls, so women were freed....
                          That means Clarice has got a soul... !!''

                 Suddenly I had hopes, perhaps some control

                 to prove that they have a heart too.
                 It was the year one thousand nine hundred and eighty-two.

               I then began to hope that she will come back
            it seems my mind was completely out of whack...
_________________________________________________

* Extract from "The Broken Mooring Line", an experiential
poetic work // page c   // e-mail: pmataragas@yahoo.com //
Texts and Narration: Odysseus Heavilayias - ROTTERDAM //
Language adjustments and text adaptation: Kellene G Safis - CHICAGO//
Digital adaptation and text editing: Cathy Rapakoulia Mataraga - PIRAEUS


_______________________________________________________________




Note :


..by a majority of three votes!

It was only at the Council of Trent in 1545 that the Roman Church officially agreed that women had souls and then only by a majority 
of three votes!






 Utopia 

0 σχόλια :

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.